In this new position at Bearings, the Development Coordinator works closely with the Director of Operations and the Executive Director and oversees all day-to-day development operations. The ideal candidate for this position is:
- A relationship builder; someone who loves winning others over and authentically finding ways to connect people's passions to the work of Bearings.
- A detail-oriented planner and creator of systems.
- An individual with excellent taste and a high standard of excellence for brand touchpoints, whether a postcard, an event or casual encounter with a stranger.
- Has 2-4 years experience working in non-profit development.
- Passionate about being part of work changing the lives of youth on Atlanta’s Westside!
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for creating and managing the donor journey, including:
- Managing donor and supporter digital and print communications, including social media activities, print pieces and website
- Planning and implementing donor cultivation events
- Managing donor database
- Building relationships with and soliciting donors
Prospect Identification and Research
- Research donor prospects and plan cultivation journey
- Build relationships with and development ways to engage donor prospects in Bearings
- Manage all digital marketing, including regular newsletters, targeted digital marketing and social media communication
- Oversee planning of donor cultivation events, working with volunteer teams and committees to produce events.
- Arrange tours and cultivation events for donor prospects
- Oversee planning of and attend community relations and awareness-building events (Streets Alive, etc.)
- Produce print and digital collateral (writing, design and production)
- Assist senior leadership by ensuring organization has necessary communication pieces for donor solicitation meetings or events
- Attend solicitation meetings with foundations, major donors, etc.
- Write and submit grant applications
- Maintain donor database
- Oversee gift acknowledgement process
- Build relationships with and help donors feel connected to the difference they’re making through their involvement in Bearings
Please do not apply if you do not have non-profit development experience.
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.